Saturday, August 30, 2008

More from Hamburg

I don't have much time to update b/c we have to pay for internet so this will be a short post! Hamburg has been great so far. On Thursday we decided to check out the festival that is going on in the city center.  It ended up being really neat...lots of German food, music, games, etc.  We went back at night for a big fireworks show! Also, Hamburg is known for having one of the best zoos in Europe (it is actually family owned and really well kept)...so, yesterday we decided to go to the zoo! I realized it had been since elementary school since I had been at a zoo.  It was a lot of fun...the elephants were my favorite animal (they let you pet them at this zoo!!) Today, we kept things pretty low-key b/c we both have come down with a cold...I think the rainy European weather and lots of traveling has caught up with us! Tomorrow we are back on the road and headed to Amsterdam for 3 days. I am really excited b/c I have heard great things about Amsterdam! Missing everyone back at home!!! ~Heather

1 comment:

Mom Dad and Marie said...

Hi Heather its Roy Im here with anna and paul. Looks like you guys are having a ton of fun. Im kinda jellous. You should tell George to call me to say hi ((480)274-9860) o ya and tell him he is a chump. haha