Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Versailles!

Just got back from Versailles, home (or should I say palace) of Louis XIV. It was probably the coolest thing I have ever seen! Everything was just so over the top. We did the audio-guided tour which was a nice way to get the background on each room we were in. I will let the pictures do the talking...

Overlooking the amazing gardens that surround the Chateau. It is hard to make out in this picture but there are statues throughout the gardens...


Lots of marble...


Looking out from one of the windows into the gardens...



Look up at the ceiling, this was in the Hall of Mirrors. Those candeliers were everywhere throughout this room...


Outside of Chateau de Versailles...

Bedroom of one of the children...

Another cool room (there were SO many rooms, it is hard to remember them all)...


Louis XIV's personal chapel...

One of the many hallways...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,

Your pictures are great - it looks like you are having a wonderful time. Wish I was there with you. I will be in a foreign country this weekend - I'm going with Grandma to Canada. I hope I can understand the language - eh!

Love, Aunt Lesley

HeatherinEurope said...

Hi Aunt Lesley! Haha, well I was just thinking the other day that I wished I lived in Canada b/c then I might actually understand some French! Tell Uncle Michael and Sarah and Ian I said HI!!

Love, Heather