Friday, August 8, 2008

Louvre

The weather in Paris has been kind of strange the last few days. I was planning on doing a bus tour yesterday, but it was raining and storming all day! Oh well, I have seen most of the sites anyways. Today I went to the Louvre while George finished up his last day at the Embassy. Again, another amazing place! (I will post pictures later on) I have always heard that the Louvre is huge, but I had no idea it was that big! I tried to hit all of the major pieces...Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo, Egyptian Art, Napoleon's Apartment, etc. I really, really like Napoleon's Apartment.

So, I did the Louvre in the morning, about 4 hours then met George for lunch at this Falafel restaurant. It is in the Jewish quarter in Paris...there are tons of Falafel restaurants down there, but this specific one that we went to is apparently famous for having the best (Lenny Kravitz apparently goes there quite a bit). Today was our second time there...both times were very tasty!

After the tasty Falafel I went back to the Embassy with George for a little going-away party they had for him. It was neat because George often helped out at the Consulate so basically the entire staff of the Consulate was there, including the Consulate General who had some really nice things to say about George.

And tonight...we are going over to visit with one of George's French coworkers who invited us over and then we are going out to eat with Lucky (Lucky is the lady whose flat I am staying at) for some fondue! Tomorrow we head off to Bruges, Belgium and Monday we are off to London! Saturday night will be my first ever hostel experience...hopefully it goes okay :)

Oh, I almost forgot...I got my host family information in the mail. I will be staying with a family of three...the Mom (41) and Dad (51), and their daughter (10). I don't know any specifics on them besides that!

Not sure what the internet situation will be like at our hostel, but hopefully I will be able to update from Belgium...or maybe I will be too busy eating chocolate and waffles!! Haha

No comments: