Thursday, August 21, 2008

Glasgow

Okay, so I didn't update the other morning b/c we have been too busy meeting people and seeing sites! So, I think I was saying in my last post that we spent 2 days in Dumfries, Scotland with Stuart and Karen. We had a really nice time. A highlight was when Stuart took us to the pub to watch a football (soccer) match. It was very interesting to see how crazy the football fans over here get! On Monday we headed via train to Glasgow. My Grandma and Grandpa Clark were both born and raised in Glasgow so it was really neat for me to see the places they went to when they were my age! My Aunt Sue took George and I around downtown Glasgow when we first arrived, although it was another rainy day :) On Tuesday we went to Ross Priory which is a really beautiful priory and gardens that sit on Loch Lomond. We had lunch here with Aunt Sue and Uncle Bill. George and I got a little car sick b/c we are used to the flat Arizona roads and not the windy hills throughout Scotland!!! Okay, I have to go again and finish later! Company just arrived :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There's a bagpipe tune that I play called Loch Lomond. Glad you guys are having a great time. Keep up the blogs.

Brian