Monday, August 18, 2008

Tea Time?

The title of my blog is kind of a funny story. So, we have been in Britain now for over a week and today I finally realized that "tea time" means your meal. People kept on asking us if we had our tea yet. I was thinking wow, I knew British people like their tea, but why do they keep on talking about it?! Haha. There are a lot of little sayings that we are having to get used to over here! So since I last updated George and I have spent 2 nights in Dumfries, Scotland (with my Mom's cousin, Stuart) and now we are in Glasgow (with my Grandpa Clark's other sister, Sue). In Glasgow we are actually staying just up the street from the house where my Grandma Clark grew up! Anyways, on Sunday morning Stuart made us a "Scottish Fry-up" for breakfast...this consisted of the following: fried egg, fried bacon, fried square sausage, fruit pudding, black pudding, and haggis...I have a cholesteral problem now :) Just kidding! We were daring and tried the black pudding and haggis! Anyways, I am going to update more in the morning b/c I have to get ready for bed right now so that I actually wake up in the morning!

1 comment:

Mom Dad and Marie said...

Boy, they have those Duck boats everywhere because we saw them in Seattle too! We miss you guys. Had a dream last night you guys were back but it was so long since you were gone that George had a beard and mustache! Looking forward to more of those pictures. It's good to know you both are willing to try new foods. You'll have to tell us what they tasted like.