Saturday, August 23, 2008
To Dublin
Just wanted to give a quick update before we get on the train to Dublin. On Thursday night we went to a local production of Les Miserables. They did a good job and we all really enjoyed it! Yesterday Cecil and Grace took us around Armagh (40 miles outside of Belfast) and throughout the farms nearby. I got to see the home that my Great Grandfather owned and areas where my Great, Great... relatives lived! Last night we went to the town to see a bunch of marching bands play. In Armagh and throughout N. Ireland there are "Orange Lodges." Anyways, these groups all have bands that play in different towns most Fridays throughout the summer to raise money. So last night it was in Armagh and we went...there were probably 30-40 bands playing! So now we are off to Dublin for 2 days and then we head to Stockholm, Sweden via plane. Pictures are coming soon...I think our next stop should have wireless so I can put them up finally :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment