Monday, November 24, 2008

Esquiando!

This weekend I went skiing in the Spanish Sierra Nevada’s!!! It was one of the best weekends I have had out here. We went up on Friday and skied all day. It was Liz’s second time skiing so I spent a little bit of time in the morning with her and then went off by myself to the very top of the mountain. It was so beautiful from up top…you can see the pictures below. In the afternoon we ran into a couple of guys from school who wanted to ski some more difficult stuff so I spent some time skiing with them. I can’t believe I had the chance to go skiing in Europe! After skiing we met up with the rest of our school group in Granada (the Sierra Nevada’s are just 25 minutes from Granada). On Saturday we went to a really neat Flamenco show in a cave. Flamenco is very expressive and emotional Spanish dancing and singing. It is actually really popular in Sevilla and throughout Southern Spain. I have a video that I am going to try to post from it. We also visited the Alhambra….the most popular tourist attraction in Spain! Granada was the last concurred Muslim city and the Alhambra was the residents of the Muslim rulers. The architecture is very Islamic-influenced…there is actually a lot of Islamic influenced architecture all over Spain.

It was a great trip, but also kind of sad because it was our last excursion with the whole group :( It will be nice to spend my last two weekends in Sevilla though.

This week I have two projects and then Thanksgiving on Thursday :)

**Actually, blogspot is being really weird and won't allow me to upload pictures so I will have to try again later!! Sorry!!

No comments: