This weekend I went on a great trip to Lisbon, Portugal with my school! Lisbon was sooo beautiful and we had such a great time! We left on Friday morning at 8AM and it was about a five hour drive from Sevilla to Lisbon. So on Friday afternoon they took us on a walking tour of one of Lisbon’s main neighborhoods. That afternoon we also went to the Castillo de San Jorge. The views from the castle were amazing because it overlooked the ocean and downtown Lisbon. That night a big group of my friends and I went to a small, local restaurant with “fado” music. Fado is a famous type of music in Portugal…the style of music is very slow and emotional. On Saturday we went to another neighborhood right on the Atlantic Ocean. There we saw la Torre de Belem (a large fortress on the ocean) and El Monestario de Los Jeronimos. I keep on saying that everything was so beautiful or amazing, because it is ALL really is so beautiful, I don’t really know how else to describe it! In the same neighborhood, the tour guide also took us to a really famous bakery that makes Pastel de Belem. They are these little custard tarts that are only sold this particular bakery. They have 3 locations around the world…in Lisbon, Paris, and New York. Apparently it is a really secret recipe that McDonalds and Coke have both attempted to purchase. We all got to try one and they were delicious! On Saturday afternoon we had free time and about 9 of us decided to go to this little town outside of Lisbon called Sintra. There is an amazing 19th century castle in Sintra that all of the guidebooks said is a “must see.” I will let the pictures do the talking for this one! On Sunday morning we went to a really pretty botanical garden. It was HUGE and even had cactus :) Here are some pictures from the weekend...
Me at the fortress along the Atlantic...

Playing Uno while we are waiting for the bus!

The AMAZING castle in Sintra...It was so colorful. Being from Arizona I don't get to see "autumn" very much so I loved it!

Me at the castle!

The whole group in the castle!

I have more pictures to post from Lisbon and also from the soccer game (which was also really awesome!) I don't have time right now, but I will do it later on today :)
No comments:
Post a Comment