Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloweeeen!!!

Hey Everyone!
A few people have asked me about if they celebrated Halloween in Spain so I figured I would answer in my blog :) Halloween is not really a holiday here and I don't think most people understand the concept of Trick or Treating, but more and more people my age and younger are starting to dress-up. A lot of the "discotecas" (dance clubs) are having costume parties and I think little kids might dress up too...although I'm not too sure what they do if they can't Trick or Treat. I guess I will find out! Which reminds me of another funny Marta story. I was in our room today and she knocked on the door. I opened up and she was dressed like a witch!!! Hahaha...Broom and everything. She goes to another school in addition to her regular school to learn English and I guess they are having a little Halloween party tomorrow night. I wish you all could have seen her face when she was showing me her costume...she looked so proud of it! :) I was trying to explain to her the concept of Trick or Treating, but it is really hard to explain to someone who doesn't really speak English. I translated "Trick or Treat" into Spanish but it doesn't really make sense when you do that. I basically just ended up telling her that little kids end up getting a huge bag of candy and she thought that was really cool...but of course, who wouldn't!?! Tomorrow I am really hoping to get a picture of her all dressed up so I can post it...and maybe me and Liz too :)

Not sure what all we are doing this weekend...no official plans as of yet!

Anyways, hope everyone has a GREAT weekend! I am going to be jealous b/c Brian, Terrisa, and Grandma Warren are all traveling to Arizona in the next few days or so :( Don't have too much fun without me!

No comments: