Thursday, October 23, 2008

Que Guay!

I forgot to mention this in my last post...my Mom and Dad sent over a package last week (shout-out to you guys, Thanks!! :)) and in the package was also a few things for Marta, my host sister. They recommend that you bring a small gift for your host family when you arrive. When I left the U.S. back in July I didn't know what kind of host family I had and didn't bring any gifts for a little kid. So anyways, Marta REALLY likes High School Musical and Hannah Montana (both shows on the Disney Channel). It is actually really funny b/c they are all translated in Spanish over here. My mom sent her some High School Musical and Hannah Montana stuff...a shirt, purse, and some folders. Marta thought that is was THE coolest thing she had ever seen. Haha...she seriously kept on saying, "Que Guay! Que Guay!" which means "How cool! How cool!" Liz and I were cracking-up. Also, in the little purse my mom put in a US Dollar...and she was waving around like we had given her a $100 bill. Hahaha. It was really cute. Liz and I really enjoyed the Reeses Peanut Butter cups they sent...which you actually cannot get over here!

My program here ends on December 13, but I don't actually leave Europe until the 18th. I am flying out of Paris. So yesterday Liz, myself, and a couple of other girls on the program made flight reservations back to Paris on the 13th. Angele is SOO nice and is going to let me stay with her again! It should be really cool b/c the other girls are going to stay in a hostel nearby and I will be able to hang-out with them for a few days in Paris!!

Tomorrow we are going on a day excursion to Cordoba and Sunday we are hoping to go to a football game. Sevilla has two big teams...Sevilla and Betis. I think Sevilla is the team that is playing on Sunday. My host family happens to be huge Betis fans, guess I shouldn't tell them I am going to see Sevilla play :)

No comments: