Saturday, September 6, 2008
Strasbourg
Bonjour and Hallo! We are in Strasbourg, France right now. Strasbourg is on the border between Germany and France so most people here speak both languages...it has gone back and forth between the French and German over the years. Angele, George's coworker at the Embassy, is from Strasbourg and invited us to stay with Denise, her aunt, in Strasbourg. So we took her up on the offer and are having a really great time! Angele's parents and Denise have really gone out of their way to show up around. On Wednesday after we arrived we went to the city center to see Strasbourg's famous cathedral, built in 1012. Every time I think I have seen the best cathedral in Europe there is another one even better! We also went out to dinner for "French pizza." On Thursday we went to a Chocolate museum! It gave a very thorough history of chocolate and then we watched several chocolate making demonstrations and got to taste the different chocolates! On Thursday we also walked around "La Petit France" which is an older area within Strasbourg. Yesterday (Friday) we went to the French wine country! It is only 30 minutes from Strasbourg...a VERY beautiful region...I was able to get some really good pictures that I will post soon! Last night we had a traditional Vietnamese dinner b/c Denise and Angele's dad are from Vietnam. It was delicious! Right now I am at McDonalds....the only place in Strasbourg where we are able to get wireless internet!!! I am missing everyone back at home, especially since Brian and Terrisa (brother and sister-in-law) are in AZ for the weekend...Have fun and Go Sun Devils today :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Heather! This is Carol from the TAC, and I am using my son's blog. It sounds and looks like you are having an amazing time! I can imagine how moving it must have been to go to Ann Frank's residence. I remember reading her diary when I was a young girl, as well as Corrie Ten boom's book the Hiding Place. They have amazing stories. We sure miss you at the club. It is nice seeing your parents early in the morning when they work out. Take care and I pray you continue to have wonderful adventures. love Carol
Hey Carol! I was just thinking of everyone at the TAC today and wondering how you all are doing :) I miss you guys! I am having a really amazing time...there is so much to do and see everywhere we go! I head off to Spain for school in a little less than 2 weeks. I am looking forward to meeting my host family! Thank you for reading my blog!!
Post a Comment