Thursday, July 31, 2008
I'm here!
2 plane rides, 2 train rides, and 15 hours later I have arrived in Paris! I got in yesterday morning around 8AM. I waited for quite awhile for my luggage and was convinced it wasn't coming, but it finally did get there. George was waiting right outside of customs for me!! We had to take two trains, one into the city and the other took us really close to Lucky's apartment. Her apartment is right in the center of the city and the balcony overlooks the Eiffel Tower! (I will try and post pictures later on today). We dropped my things off at the apartment and walked around the city for awhile. Right around Lucky's apartment there are a lot of little shops....there is a McDonald's and Starbucks too! George took me to the grocery store nearby. No one here speaks English and when we were in the grocery store this lady started rambling to me in French...I just looked at her and said "No Francais!" Haha, I am becoming good at that phrase! George has to do all the talking for me when we go anywhere. His French is really good now so he has been trying to teach me key phrases. For some reason, I am really horrible at remembering the phrases though! At one point I knew how to say, "I don't understand, I am American" but I forgot that too. Oh well, I will have to practice more I guess. We went to this really good cafe around the corner for dinner. It had mostly Italian food...everything was delicious! My sleep schedule is really thrown off right now. It is 6:30AM here and I don't really have to wake-up for another hour, but I am wide awake! Today George has to work at the Embassy. I am going to head over there with him and do some exploring around that area until noon. Then I will go to the Embassy for a tour and some lunch. Hopefully it is not as humid today as it was yesterday!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thanks for posting Heather, keep it up! Sounds like you are already having a blast. Tell George we said hi and have fun!
Brian
Heather - I am so excited you are finally there so I can start reading your blog. I have decided that until I can get back to Europe I am going to live vicariously through you. The only other time I was in Paris I stayed right near a McDonalds that overlooked the Eiffel Tower. I am sure there are lots of locations that fit this description, but it would be crazy if you were in the same neighborhood I was. Have fun and keep us posted. I can't wait to see pictures.
Hey Brittany! Haha, I'm glad you are reading my blog :) I wonder if I am in the same area you were b/c we can also see the Eiffel Tower from the flat! It is really close to Arc de Triumph as well. Hope you and everyone at GenSpring are doing well!
Post a Comment